Banksia Palliative Care Service Inc. (Banksia) is the sole provider of specialist community palliative care in the local council areas of Whittlesea, Banyule and Nillumbik. Banksia provides coordinated expert nursing, medical and allied health services to people living with a life-limiting illness, enabling them to live their best lives until the time of death. Highly trained staff and volunteers address the physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual needs of patients, families, carers and friends. Care is delivered in the home, irrespective of where the home is, and the goal of care is to prioritise choice, optimise comfort and enable death to occur in the place of the patient’s choice.
The Committee of Management of Banksia is seeking a new independent member to join the existing engaged Committee to provide oversight and governance of an organisation which is undergoing significant operational growth and change. An exciting opportunity presents itself for a suitably qualified individual to join Banksia at a time when focus on the role of community palliative care is heightened and service demand is growing.
Along with the requisite skills and experience, preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate:
- an appreciation of organisational structures and an understanding of roles and responsibilities as they apply to specific positions;
- demonstrable knowledge of the principles and responsibilities of governance;
- a contemporary approach to business and a willingness to explore opportunities when presented;
- honed communication skills and history of performing positively within a professional team;
- experience in stakeholder engagement / fundraising within a community environment;
- formal prior Board/Committee experience, and/or GAICD advantageous (but not essential).
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the role, including reliable attendance at meetings and preparation for same, and to making a positive difference to improving the lives of people living with a life-limiting illness within the Banksia region
To express interest, and discuss the role in more detail, please contact Michelle Wood Executive Officer, Banksia Palliative Care on 03 9455 0822.
The following information will be provided to suitable candidates to assist with applications:
- Banksia Palliative Care Service Inc Committee of Management position description
- 2016-2017 Annual Report
- Banksia Palliative Care Service Inc
Formal applications should include current CV and a one-page cover letter which includes reasons for interest in the position, relevant experience and ability to contribute positively to the Committee of Management (as above) should be forwarded to:
Michelle Wood at email@example.com by close of business on Tuesday, July 24th 2018