In person Support Groups
In a safe, supportive and confidential setting, our Bereaved Carers Support Group will bring together a small group of people who are all navigating life after the death of a loved one. Facilitated by an experienced and knowledgeable Grief and Bereavement Counsellor, the group will consist of 5 sessions offered weekly. Members will have the opportunity to explore and share their own experiences, gain knowledge, and develop strategies to support them in managing their feelings of loss and finding their new “normal”.
Themes covered will include:
- the experience of caring for a loved one with a life-limiting illness;
- the experience and expression of grief;
- managing challenging emotions (such as guilt, anger and regret);
- the role of continuing bonds in adjustment;
- a different and emerging future.
These sessions consist of 4 sessions, and then the 5th session at a local cafe 10:30 – 12:00. These sessions are held at our office in Heidelberg, except for the last one which is at a cafe.
Each session is 10:30 – 12:00 at 472 Lower Heidelberg Road, Heidelberg.
Our services are provided at no cost to our clients and their carers.
We currently reviewing our Bereavement Program, and will update the page soon with bereavement support Information.