Our social walking group is a peer support group that connects bereaved people with the lived experience of caring for a loved one with a terminal illness.
The group provides an opportunity to connect with others who shared a lived experience.
This group is open to family and friends of former patients of Banksia Palliative Care Service.
The walking trails are located in our catchment areas of Nillumbik, Banyule and Whittlesea.
At the completion of each walk, members are welcome to enjoy refreshments at a local cafe. Note: if the weather does not permit the walk to go ahead, you will be notified 24 hours prior.
Walks are held Thursdays and Fridays 10:30am – 12pm + Cafe monthly during warmer months.
- Thursday 16th June – Warrandyte River Walk – Yarra Street, Warrandyte – Register here
- Thuesday 21st July – Location TBA
- Thursday 1st September – Location TBA
- Friday 7th October – Location TBA
- Thursday 3rd November – Location TBA
- Thursday 1st December – Location TBA
All participants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide their vaccination status.
For more information or to register, please click on the link above or phone 9455 0822.